Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Weekend Getaway

Tomorrow will be a very emotional day for me. Tomorrow morning, my mom and dad are taking Joshua and I to the airport where we will board a plane for Houston. We are going to visit his birthmom and this will be the first time she has seen him since he was 4 days old.

As I type, he is WIDE awake at 10pm at night. It's like he knows he has a big day ahead tomorrow. I would by lying if I didn't admit that I am a nervous wreck. I remember she and I sitting in the hospital guessing how big he would be at this visit. We both decided he would be 13 lbs. We were both wrong. He's about 16 lbs with a head full of hair and a personality to boot! He goes from completely happy to completely insane when he gets hungry. He laughs out loud, is trying so hard to roll his big booty over, and loves his toes.

I wonder what his mom will think when she sees him. Will she regret her decision to place Joshua with us? Will she feel like she made the right decision? I personally can't wait to see her beautiful face.

Jonathan flies down tomorrow night and we will drive to Dallas where we will meet up with our friends for a leadership conference for RLC. I'm excited to see our friends Russ, Angel, Sam and Wendy and to meet all the other faces that make up the inner workings of RLC. We are there until Monday while the troops watch the rest of our children here at our home. I am so thankful to our family and our babysitters who are helping us make this trip possible.

I'm sure I'll do an update from Houston with details of our visit, but in the mean time, say a prayer for Joshua and I tomorrow during our travels and our visit. I'm sure it will be an emotional day for all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes!! Praying for you both. I know there are a million thoughts, but just one matters....Love! Just love on her, and love on him. God will take care of the rest sister. Blessings to you for being such an obedient follower of Jesus.

Anonymous said...

man Brea, you are awesome. You make me speechless just by the way you live your life. I hope I will be a strong mom just like you. Your such an encouragement, and just awesome to watch. You may not see it, but I can see how God uses you. And it's so beautiful to watch his story for you being written.

Anonymous said...

Ooops..I forgot to sign that one....Love you! Laura

kristina proffitt said...

Praying for a good, safe trip and a wonderful time while you're there, Brea! Hugs!!

H said...

I hope it all goes so wonderfully that you can't wait to go back and see her again! Excited to hear!