If this post seems long and confusing, well, it probably will be. I am exhausted. I also have a migraine. The first I have had in a while mind you, but it still exists all the same. Since I haven't updated the blog in a while, I thought I should take a few to let you know that yes, I am alive and well, just tired as the consignment sale is officially in full swing.
1. The sale is going well. There is/was entirely too much stuff packed into too small of a space and I did the big ugly cry at 5pm on Thursday when it was time for the workers to shop. I had just hoped all week that with all of our hard work we could get it ready, but that was an impossible task. Despite all that, we are on track to have the most successful sale EVER and I can't believe the response we have had. Did I mention that it is still FULL with awesome items? If you haven't come shopped and are thinking that you have waited too long, you would be wrong. PLUS, we have restock days tomorrow-Wednesday so we will have a whole new slew of cool items coming in. You really should come shop. There is some amazing stuff there.
2. For whoever left me a ton of coupons in my mailbox, thanks. We will use them and it was really cool that you thought of me and stuck them in there. I will admit that it creeps me out a bit that some random person just put stuff in my mailbox, but hey, it's a cool gift and I am thankful.
3. Mary Elizabeth turned 1 last Thursday, August 7th. This was also the same day I had the big, ugly cry at 5pm. We took her to the Veranda in Hendersonville for lunch and she had her first hot dog and Dreamsicle cake. She loved them both and looked so adorable in her birthday girl shirt and pink tutu. I can't believe my baby is 1. We are planning her bumble bee themed birthday party for Saturday, August 30th and plan to have a BIG BASH so "bee" watching your mailbox for an invitation. We want to have an adoption finalization and birthday celebration all in one and we want to celebrate with all of you.
4. Jonathan had a wreck last Saturday. He called it a "minor incident" when he called to tell me, but trust me, it was a wreck. He and the kids were in the van, Leoma, and it hit a light pole which fell across Rivergate Parkway and onto another van. Luckily no one was hurt. God totally hand his hand on our family. Leoma, our van, was fine. The other van wasn't so lucky.
5. I officially added something to my list of things I thought I would never do before I died yesterday. I cleaned up an old woman's poo in the bathroom. It's a long story, but a lady had an "explosive accident" in her pants in the bathroom at the sale and I was the lucky winner that walked in right as it happened. Chrystal and I tied toilet paper around our faces to somewhat keep out the smell as we tried to clean and yes, I did do the ugly dry heave while cleaning it, but we made it through. These are things that people don't tell you when you run your own business.
6. We have had the BEST workers ever at this consignment sale. I seriously don't know how we would do it without them. I love this sale for that very reason....getting to know these wonderful women (and men) is a highlight for me and laughing til we almost wet ourselves isn't so bad either. I got to hang out with my buddy Sarah Pratt whom I went to high school with on Friday night and I once again realized how much I love this woman. She is HYSTERICAL and so much fun. I just love that I have been able to reconnect with so many awesome people!
7. The kids all start school tomorrow and we felt so blessed that we got all three teachers that we prayed we would get. Not only do I feel lucky, but what an awesome answer to prayer that my children get to see first hand. Anna got Mrs. Riley, Isaac got Mrs. McCrary and Luke got Mrs. Brown. They all three seem like amazing women and I look forward to helping in the classrooms this year.
I'll try to update more this week. Come shop and say hello and say a prayer for all of us.