Thursday, May 29, 2008

Accountable Part 2

I haven't had a Dr. Pepper in two days (today is day #3). Now that probably seems a little silly to many of you, but I really like Dr. Pepper and although it doesn't help with my migraines, it's just something I've always loved.

You see, our space for the consignment sale has been leased. That's the hardest part about my job is finding a spot for the sale. Finding someone willing to short term lease a 10,000+ sq. foot building to me for 2 or 3 weeks is not as easy as some would think.

So I decided that starting this past Tuesday, it would be no more Dr. Pepper for me and every time I was tempted to drink one, I would instead hit my knees and pray that the Lord would show me where we need to have this Fall 2008 sale. I guess you call that fasting.

Yesterday, as I craved a Dr. Pepper a couple of times, I also prayed for this woman who posted a comment on my original post:

Want to know what REAL means? How about being a Christian and having a non-Christian husband who constantly puts you and your beliefs down. Yesterday, on my birthday, I was 'beat up' with accusations that are so unbelievable. During the tirade, I kept praying, "Lord, give me peace", repeatedly. Guess what? I was able to withstand the onslaught with dignity! I am asking all of my Christian brothers and sisters to keep my family in your prayers and pray that my husband will come to know Christ as his personal Savior. Now, will you be accountable?

I don't know who she is, but she needs my prayers more than I need a space for the sale (and I need a space for the sale pretty darn bad). So I am praying for you. I don't know what your life is like as I have a husband who has a great relationship with the Lord, but I do know what it is like to go to marital counseling and I highly suggest that you go. It was the best thing J and I ever did for our marriage and I would tell you that even if your husband won't go with you, it would probably still help you. The Babb Center at First Baptist Church in Hendersonville is a great resource if you are local. I hope you will keep us posted and I will continue to pray for you as I crave those Dr. P's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.