Monday, October 27, 2008

Our Trip to Chicago: The Airport

Yes, we are back from Chicago and our New Kids on the Block concert. Yes, it was absolutely freakin fabulous! I was trying to figure out how to make this post short and sweet, but I just don't think it can happen.

We left on Friday morning. Picked up Kim and Chris in Greenbrier and headed to the park and fly. Took our limo to the airport and checked our baggage. As we headed through security, I noticed these three guys in front of us that looked, well, famous. They were pasty white and dressed completely in black. I turned to Chris, the music guru, and asked if the guys in front of us were "anybody." He immediately began shaking, putting his fingers to his lips, and acting a fool. I thought he was being a smart butt and even a guy from the other line took notice of Chris and was motioning to me like "what?" It was then that this said man noticed the pasty white fellows in front of us and also began acting like a fool as well. Chris then told us it was Jack White from the White Stripes. One of his top five all time favorite singers. This means a lot coming from Chris T. He's a music man and goes to A LOT of concerts. Now, I must say that Mr. Cool, Calm, and Collected Chris turned into a major mush ball when I told him we should get a picture of them together. "No, no, you can't bother him in Nashville," Chris said. Whatever. So, I walked up to him in the gift shop and after Chris introducing himself, this was the pic I snapped. I wish you could have seen Jack's face when we told him we were off to Chicago to see New Kids.


(this post has taken me 4 days to do since I am currently struggling with a migraine/sinus infection, so I decided to bust our Chicago trip up into several posts. Bear with me as I work at getting them uploaded. Trust me, it's worth the wait)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me nervous to look at that picture.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it Jack White of the BLACK Stripes? Is Chris so nervous still he didn't catch that? I don't know much, only the wife of said, "music guru" but I think this is right. Working on my NKOTB post now...it's a long one.

Anonymous said...

It's The White Stripes honey. He also leads The Raconteurs.

Beckie said...

Shanna will die! she is obsessed with Jack White!

Destry said...

Forrest is totally jealous. I heart the White Stripes...he covets his guitar prowess...

jeanine said...

lol - ONLY YOU would run into someone famous on your way to a NKOTB concert .... . !!!!! lol. ..

Anonymous said...

Brea, this cracks me up. I was at J Alexanders a few weeks ago eating lunch with friends. In walks Jack with supermodel wife Karen Elson. I had no clue who they were and was like, Look at these two characters! They looked like they had escaped from Halloweentown! Anyway, my friend told me who they were and all I could focus on was Karen's 500 laboutin shoes!