Friday, February 29, 2008

Consignment Time is HERE!

It seems a bit surreal that it is time for the consignment sale. Although it only happens twice a year, it seems to sneak up faster and faster each time. I am proud to say that this time I feel more organized than ever and more calm than ever...I give the glory for that to the Lord.

Today we move into the building (hence me being up at 6:30am, there's not much else that could get me up this early). Our good friend, Matt Newton, will be meeting Jonathan at 9am to go and get the racks from the storage unit. I will be meeting the property manager at 9am to figure out the lights, heating, etc. Cindy, the lady that cleans my house, AKA the SAINT, will also be coming to clean the building which has become the tradition as well. Luckily, this building is pretty clean so hopefully her job won't be too difficult today.

I have three amazing workers showing up at 2pm to help unload my house and at 5pm the men will meet at the building to put all the racks together. Tomorrow morning at 9am we have our first drop-off and then time will begin to fly at warp speed. Before we know it, it will be time to sell all the thousands of items that people have brought in.

The only thing I am nervous about is my kiddos this time. I hate the thought of not really being THERE the next three weeks. I'm afraid Mary Elizabeth is going to forget me!

I've started a new little thing, a consignment blog, which you can link to off the consignment sale webpage. The link is in the bottom left corner. If you want to see a preview of some of the things coming, check it out!

No comments: