Friday, May 8, 2009

Silly Little Things

1. Slept awesome last night. So good.

2. I know that it's called a shuttle not a shuffle. A shuffle is what my taxi driver called it when I got to Houston so that's why I keep calling it a shuffle. I've now had several people let me know they are concerned that I think it's called a shuffle. Rest assured, I did learn something on that Greenbrier education.

3. Got to talk to the kids this morning. We are pretty close to coming together on a name so hopefully I'll have that posted tonight.

4. Say a prayer for safe travels today. Alison flies out around 6pm and J flies in around 7pm. We are really looking forward to staying and visiting with lots of new and old friends while in Houston so I'm excited to see what the next few days hold.

5. We found out last night we are 45 minutes from a beach. We will definitely be going there at some point in this trip. Nothing more relaxing than the ocean.

6. Houston is not my favorite city. It is however, a HUGE city. It's kind of yucky and crowded and it is HOT. Driving to get Alison yesterday at the airport, all I kept seeing was Jack in the Boxes and adult bookstores. UGH. I'm hopeful that the outskirts of the city are nicer than what I have seen inside so far. That, or maybe I'm just in the wrong end of town.

7. Alison and I have already successfully located a mall with a Gymboree, Janie and Jack and Baby Gap. Good times are in our future today!

14 comments:

Amber Lee said...

#2- love that some really thought you were confused. hilarious.

#7- of course you did :)

can't wait to hear the name (you know me!) and cannot wait to meet this little man!!!

Erin Morgan said...

Oh, I cant wait to see the update. And you'll have to post photos of all the cutesy clothes you get him!! :) Congrats,again!

Kathy said...

You know Houston is where I grew up and where Amber & Michael were born! I'm headed that way next week for my niece's graduation. I haven't been back in almost 20 years, so glad to know it hasn't changed much - HA!
I'm so excited for you and the family. Can't wait to see pics of the little angle. And - the picture of ME at the top of your blog is way precious! Blessings.

White Sugar Brown Sugar by Rachel Garlinghouse said...

Praying, Brea!

Love, Rach

Kathy said...

And that would be ANGEL - not angle. But you knew that!

Anonymous said...

Oh Brea...I am just SO excited for you all!! What an awesome blessing..can't wait to see pics and meet the little man!! Love you,Bethany

Anonymous said...

BTW you are hilarious and ALWAYS make me laugh...I miss seeing you!!! Bethany

Rachel Wilson said...

I saw barbara this morning!!!!! Yeah Me! I love you SOOOOOO much. We are praying (the kids cant sem to stop) for you guys.

Heather said...

Girl, you are in the wrong end of town. I don't care for it much either, but no matter where you are in Houston, it is hot! And muggy!! I am surprised you didn't see lots of Whataburgers! Hoping you can make your way up this way. Were you at the Galleria?? It is a HUGE mall - lots of shops that Nashville doesn't have, you should check it out, it's in midtown. Am I sounding like a local? Oh I hope not!

Heather said...

Girl, you are in the wrong end of town. I don't care for it much either, but no matter where you are in Houston, it is hot! And muggy!! I am surprised you didn't see lots of Whataburgers! Hoping you can make your way up this way. Were you at the Galleria?? It is a HUGE mall - lots of shops that Nashville doesn't have, you should check it out, it's in midtown. Am I sounding like a local? Oh I hope not!

Heather said...

Girl, you are in the wrong end of town. I don't care for it much either, but no matter where you are in Houston, it is hot! And muggy!! I am surprised you didn't see lots of Whataburgers! Hoping you can make your way up this way. Were you at the Galleria?? It is a HUGE mall - lots of shops that Nashville doesn't have, you should check it out, it's in midtown. Am I sounding like a local? Oh I hope not!

Heather said...

Whoa, got a little button happy there didn't I?

Jennifer Fleming said...

Eat a Whataburger before you leave~!

alison b said...

we made fun of whataburger and didn't eat there - i hope brea sees this and tries it before she leaves!