Monday, March 30, 2009

Due Date

I remember when I was pregnant with Anna 11 years ago. It was my first pregnancy and I took so much for granted. I was so sick during that pregnancy. I got so used to being sick that I would eat, vomit and then go eat again cause dangit, I was hungry.

I remember that her due date was September 27. My wonderful OB, Dr. Hosier, told me early on that if I didn't deliver on my due date, he would induce me the next day. I think I spent those last few weeks more worried about my water breaking in public (oh, the horror that would be!) than actually having the baby. My due date came and went and sure enough, I was at the hospital at 7am on September 28 to be induced. 5 1/2 hours later, my world was forever changed when I laid eyes on my beautiful Anna Banana.

Now, 10.5 years later, I sit here typing knowing that TODAY is the birthmother in Georgia's due date. Wondering what she is doing as I am sitting here typing this. Wondering if she feels my thoughts and prayers. Wondering if she is miserable and just ready for this to be over or if she is praying that the baby will stay in as long as possible so she doesn't have to face reality when she does get here.

Part of me wishes I could sit down with her and let her know that there is support for her if she wants to parent. She CAN find a way to make that happen if that is what she wants. Wanting her to know we support her no matter what decision she makes.

I am praying for you tonight, L. I have been praying for you since the minute I heard about you last Thursday night. I pray that you have peace in your heart and mind and that you feel confident in your decision, whatever that may be. May you rest easy tonight in HIS arms!

5 comments:

..... said...

Praying for peace for you regardless of the outcome. Praying for strength for her - that doors would open if she wants to parent, for support and clear direction - safety for the baby through labor/delivery and guidance for the doctors to make wise choices while she is in labor/delivery.

Beckie said...

you are awesome brea!

Anonymous said...

I needed to read this tonight. You love beyond reason. Beyond your own strength. I think that's where I get bogged down so easily. I don't allow God's strength to take over. Learning to let go. Thank you for being an example!! Love you!

Laura

kristina proffitt said...

I admire you so much, Brea.
Sending prayers up for all involved. BIG hugs. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.