Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Two Years Ago Today

I realized a few days ago that today was a VERY significant day to us. You see, two years ago today we just gotten back from a wonderful trip to Disney with Kim and Chris. Adoption was so heavy on our hearts and we wondered should we start now? What agency should we use? How will the kids react? We came home, spent time with the kids and then after they went to bed, I began researching agencies. I found Bethany Christian Services online and realized they had a Nashville office. I found a form that was an initial application so I filled it out and submitted it online. I never realized where we would be two years later.

Today, I look at our almost 20 month old in awe. God KNEW she was to be our child and he KNEW we were going to be obedient to his calling. He blessed us with an amazing child, Mary Elizabeth. Her brothers and sister adore her. I couldn't love her more if I had birthed her myself. She has her daddy wrapped around her little finger.

Today, I am waiting for the phone to ring to see if this baby girl in Georgia is going to be our next blessing. Knowing her mom is 2 days overdue and probably miserable. God KNOWS what will happen and he KNOWS we are being obedient to his calling. HE has given me a HEART for these birthmothers. HE has given me a HEART to teach others about ethical adoptions.

Today, I am so thankful to be in this position even though it is really hard emotionally to be waiting...even though it is really hard to not really know what is going to happen next...even though we know that we might not adopt another baby (if God doesn't want us too). Today, I am just resting in HIS will, not my own.

It's been an AMAZING two years. I wouldn't trade them for anything and I look forward to seeing what the next 2 days, 2 months and 2 years bring!

No comments: