Since our news less than 36 hours ago that Ben wouldn't be coming into our home (although he IS going home...praise GOD!), J and I have both been doing the whole "do we go domestic or international?"
There's pros and cons to both. Having BTDT (been there done that for those of you that don't text-trust me, I'm still learning) with domestic adoption and then laying eyes on THE packet for international, I personally feel like internation adoption is a lot more work. With domestic, you do your home study and then once it's approved, you wait to be picked. Six months after placement (give or take), you finalize. With international, you do your home study, do your dossier, wait for referral, wait for court date, wait for travel date, travel but then you are pretty much done.
It's a hard decision and one that J and I don't feel ready to make yet. So we are just praying. And asking for your prayers. We do plan to start on the homestudy itself b/c some parts of it are the same (physicals, financials, etc.) Yes, mom, you can start breathing in your paper sack now HA HA! As we go through the paperwork process, we are just praying for God's will to be done. If we need to go domestic, we go domestic. If we need to be parents of a child from far away, we go international. We just want to go where HE wants us.
So, that's Brea's random thoughts at 11:44pm on a Saturday night. I'm sure there will be more to come. You never know with us!