What did I not do today is the better question! Just to make myself feel better about how much I really DO get done in a day, this is what I did today.
1. Took a bath and shaved my legs
2. Gave M.E. a bath and styled her hair (trust me, this takes time)
3. Hosted an informal luncheon for three friends adopting from Ethiopia (had a great time girls!)
4. Organized downstairs to get ready for sale on Friday
5. Vacuumed bedroom
6. Emptied and reloaded dishwasher
7. Took several phone calls and made several phone calls (all adoption related)
8. Updated facebook, blog.
9. Gave what felt like 8 million sets of directions to the sale on Friday (I hope they all come)
10. Organized boutique clothing
11. Packed up two boxes I need to ship tomorrow.
12. Read a few pages in a book
13. Caught up on Alison B., Maris, Tracie, and my sister's blog.
14. Answered most of my email.
15. Helped Anna clean her room
16. Cleaned out a whole bag of paper/trash from the art/toy room.
17. Cleaned out three more bins from the garage and organized the contents
18. Got American Girl dolls completely organized on tables for sale on Friday.
19. Set sales goals for Friday
20. Got cost and timeline for homestudy if done by Catholic Charities (very pleased with results)
21. Took migraine pills and going to bed.
I'm pretty impressed with myself. All of this while parenting four children. Now, we did have leftovers for dinner, but the leftovers were homecooked and everyone seems content and ready for bed at 7:38pm. I consider this day a success.