Monday, July 30, 2007

Josh update

7/30 7:34pm

As I told many of you today, I will do my absolute best to keep this site updated with any news, changes of Josh's condition. Jonathan and I just came home as Dad and Mom decided to stay with Alison and Maggie until the last visitation in the ICU is over (9-11pm) Rachel (Alison's friend) brought dinner for all of us which was wonderful. Josh was able to sit up in a chair and the nurse even got a wheelchair and brought Josh out of the ICU to see Maggie. He was so happy to see her, but Alison said he had trouble remembering it a few minutes later. Right now, they are just wanting to keep him stable and we are all hoping he and Alison can both get a decent night's sleep. They plan to do another CT scan first thing Tuesday morning to see if they can get a better idea of what caused this. They are also hoping to get the reads from the box that shocked Josh's heart. I can't remember what this is called, but it is the newer version of the paddles you see in the movies except this box actually can sense what is going on in Josh's body based on the leads they hooked him up to while he was here at home. Right now we are waiting for word from the brain doctor (sorry I don't have the fancy name for him, I am tired) but other than that the other doctors have made their rounds for tonight. Once I hear word from this doctor, I will post again tonight and then do an update post first thing in the morning. Don't stop praying OR believing in miracles!!! We witnessed one today!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brea,
Is there anything I can do for you or your family? Do you need dinners set up for anyone?I have been in prayer for you and your family!!!Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Jenn Cady

Rachel Wilson said...

Brea,

I know there are a lot of people doing a lot of things for your family right now but I would love to be on a list to help with food or whatever, consignment anything. 469-7224 home 306-8110 cell give it to anyone who is in charge of all the helping.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you guys are going through this. But, our God is a big God, that's what is soooo great! I'll continue praying for all of you, get some rest tonight! And, like everyone else, call me if you need ANYTHING!!! Anna can come play, or whatever you need!!! Love ya girl, hang in there, and I can't wait to see that beautiful baby!!! Love, Holley

Anonymous said...

we are praying!!!!
Amy Bierman

Anonymous said...

We stand in AWE of God tonight!

Believing!
Laura

BlessedWithDaughters said...

Praying, praying, praying! My daddy had a seizure disorder caused by a cyst on his frontal lobe. Not that you need all that info, but I know the shock and terror inspired by seizures. The memory lapses will be normal, if his situation is anything like my dad's...and it should improve as he rests and time passes. I'm so, so sorry for the turmoil. But I'm glad that he is getting the medical care and tests. And sooo glad that Alison was capable during the crisis...May God grant that they can find what's causing the problems and that it would be healed!

Hugs...
Mindy

Jennifer Fleming said...

I will keep praying GOD is AWESOME!