Thursday, May 17, 2007

Cancer

Just typing that word makes me scared...

I don't like cancer. I have known too many people with it and I have lost several friends to it. And now I might have it.

I went to the doctor today about the lovely spot on my nose. He thinks it is either very advanced pre-cancerous, but more than likely the early stages of skin cancer. He also found a spot on my forehead. I start a chemotherapy cream TODAY which I will use 5 days a week for the next 6 weeks. I go back in July to see if the cream has helped. It will only help if it is pre-cancerous. If it is indeed cancer (and he thinks it's cancer because it is deep), I will have to have surgery. NOT FUN. He said this particular spot is difficult to do surgery on only because there is no extra skin so when they remove the spot, they have to do reconstructive surgery at the same time. GOODY. Do you think they can jack my boobs up at the same time?

As soon as I came home, I hit the word and this is what I found. I have always loved this passage and it immediately made me feel better today reading back through it.

Philippians 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you NEED, and thank HIM for ALL he has done. If you do this, you will experience GOD'S PEACE, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

Jennifer Fleming said...

a good friend of mine has done exactly what you are going through to the T. If you have any questions let me know. She see a dr in Brentwood. I will keep you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Brea,
Sorry to read this. I just stumbled on your site off of the bethany discussion board. Still working on our paperwork, but we are getting there. I will be praying for you as this adds yet another hill to climb in your journey...thankfully, you know the Great Physician!!
In Him,
Linda Cumby