Thursday, May 31, 2007

Who Am I?

I was relaxing in a hot bath this morning with bubbles, candles burning and a nice glass of freshly squeezed juice......who am I kidding? Actually, I was taking my three minutes of peace bath this morning and it hit me full force that God created ME. We all know that, we're taught that from an early age, but do we ever stop to thank him for our body, our mind, our soul, our heart? I am bad about constantly complaining about my weight, my hair, my cankles (not a calf, not an ankle...it's a cankle), my boobs, my headaches, my funky spot on my nose, my stomach, etc. when in fact, GOD MADE ME!!!!!!!! Although I have sinned about a million times since he created me, he loves me the way I am and I am forgiven. So why shouldn't I love myself the way I am?

James 1: 18 "In his goodness he chose to make us his own children by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his choice possession."

James was writing this to the Jewish Christians that were spread out among the different nations. If you get a chance today, read James 1: 1-18....it really spoke to me today. My goal today is to try not to be so hard on myself.

No comments: