Tuesday, May 29, 2007

YARD SALE RESULTS

I have had a ton of emails wanting to know about the yard sale so I thought I would post it here. We had so many wonderful families donate to the cause and I wanted to take a minute to say a special thanks to the Russell family, Andrews family, Horton family, Carman family, Jonathan's parents, my parents, all the awesome craigslist people who donated stuff to help raise funds. My dear mom, Angie, Jonathan and I started about 6am on Saturday morning and finally packed up around 2pm Saturday afternoon. Final count? $850!!! We are very excited and immediately stuck the money in our adoption savings account.

On top of that, we received an email from our agency this morning stating that they had "several" african american babies due in the next few weeks and not enough families, so we are really trying to speed things up! The director even told me today that they would start showing our profile as soon as all reference letters are received which is a huge blessing! They usually won't show a profile until all interviews and training is completed so we are really excited. I am going to start working on our "PROFILE" tomorrow night and have gotten lots of great ideas from Bethany's web forums. I can't wait to put together the book that the birthmom will read. Isn't that exciting!

Isn't it amazing that God created another child for us? Aren't we blessed that he loves Jonathan, Anna, Isaac, Luke and I so much that he wants to give us another child! Even though I am really getting excited, the peace that is within me is amazing. You would think I would be completely stressed out with everything that is going on but instead I feel like I am just as cool as a cucumber.

I have mentioned the following verse a few times before when it comes to our adoption journey. I continue to come back to this verse over and over again. I hope it will give you all peace today!

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

No comments: