Saturday, May 12, 2007

Good friends....get you some!

Don't you just love a fun night out with friends? We went to dinner tonight with our buds Ray and Katie and had SO MUCH FUN! Seriously! GOOD TIMES!

I got into this deep thought once I got home because I stumbled across an old friend's blog. I hit some scripture for a while and then I came back to the computer to type this. We had a parting of ways almost a year ago and it made me a little sad to read her blog tonight as I do miss her, even though our friendship wasn't healthy anymore. Letting that friendship go was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life....Isn't it amazing how we can get so close to people who take so much out of you? And I think for a long time I liked being needed so much. And then I realized that there is a difference between a healthy give and take friendship and a free ride. And I still feel guilty for ending the friendship even though I KNOW I did the right thing...

Sometimes the right thing hurts and sometimes you miss your unhealthy relationships.

AND then you go out with your good friends who would never dream of completely taking advantage of you and you forget about that sad ending until you stumble on the blog again a few months from now.

Proverbs 18:24 There are "friends" who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother

No comments: