Friday, June 8, 2007

Accountability Group

Have you ever been a part of an accountability group? I have talked about this before and I will blog about it tonight yet again. God laid it on my heart to start an accountability group and I can honestly say it was the best experience I have had thus far in my Christian walk. He formed the perfect group of 7 women and in our ups and downs (more ups than downs), I fell more in love with Christ and his word than ever before. It may be different things for different people, but to me it was his will and I will always be grateful.

Through that experience I grew very close to 6 other women...some I may have gotten close to otherwise (or were already close to), but others I might not have. I saw their hearts, knew their desires, felt their fears and hopefully I somehow helped them as I know they helped me.

I never realized that more than tonight......one of the girls showed me tonight the example of what I have been blogging about the last few days. True friendship based on Christ's love for us is a bond that can't be broken!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Working together in the Faith, being called according to His purposes, creates a special bond that is not easily broken.

Ecclesiastes 4:12

"Though one may be overpowered, and two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not easily broken."

Love ya.
Laura