Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Hopefully this time next week....

we will be approved! Can you believe it?!?!?!

We met with our amazing social worker Amanda today. The interview lasted right at an hour and we really enjoyed getting to know each other. We talked about how we met, our children, our church, our home and our feelings about the adoption. We also scheduled our individual interviews for Tuesday, June 12. I got at 11am, Jonathan's interview is at noon. On Thursday, she will come to our house at 4pm for our house visit. Once that is over and she has all of our references in, she will have to write up the homestudy and we are approved.

Want to hear the crazy part? She said this will probably happen FAST (not that it hasn't already right!). Evidently, there are several birthfamilies waiting on profiles AND some babies already born and they are in interim care waiting for a forever family.

So I am off to do our profile, which is intimidating me a little bit. How do you show a birthmother your life in 4-8 pages!!! Say a prayer for me...I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No doubt you'll do awesome putting together your family's story! Just relax & be your fun & interesting self! I know "what happens" to you when you get nervous-and I ain't talking about sweaty pits!! Hee Hee!

WOW! This is so big and so fast and so amazing!