Thursday, June 14, 2007

My plants are dead....

and it makes me sad.

When my Granny died in January of 2006, my friends Donny and Angel, Michael and Stacy and my in-laws sent beautiful plants to the funeral home. I sent Donny and Angel's plant to my sisters house because she loved it (and I already had the two others). When we moved into the house, I babied the plants to death, making sure they were watered on time, pruning them, and turning them so that all sides got equal light. I was shocked when I walked in the kitchen this morning and they were both dead. It hit me that I haven't watered them in forever, dead leaves were everywhere and I just wanted to cry. When did the plants become less of a priority? Was it when the adoption process started? When the kids started summer camp? When I started this job?

I spent a few minutes watering them, pruning them and getting them repositioned in the morning light but I don't know if that is enough. It makes me miss my Granny....

No comments: