Thursday, December 13, 2007

I needed this...

It takes a lot of strength to put your raw emotions on a blog for the world to see and to judge you. It takes even more strength to admit when you are wrong and then to put that out there on the blog for the world to see and to judge you. Today I have felt that I was wrong from typing what I did on the blog last night. Was it wrong? I don't know. But did it feel wrong for me today? Yes. Because I have been given so much and yet I complain over something so little. Forgive me Lord, I failed you last night.

Many of you will remember our friends Tom and Stephanie McMinn. Stephanie passed away in September after a LONG and HARD fight with breast cancer. Just a few short weeks later, Tom's brother was killed in a car wreck. My heart is burdened for him often. I can't explain it really. I think about Molly, their little girl. What it will be like for her to grow up without a great mom, and boy was she great. I think about Tom and how lonely he must be, especially this time of year.

Today, out of habit, I check Stephanie's old blog site and I found this. I just had to share it with you.

FROM TOM:

Sunday December 2, 2007

I was inspired to write something today. This came to me while sitting in the morning service at South Main. I sat behind a couple...my age. The wife had her arm around her husband and was stroking his hair. The reality of sitting without a spouse hits me. My thoughts hit memory lane. I start tearing up. After I process the thoughts, another thought is triggered. It's not about me. I fold my bulletin and begin writing on the back...

IT'S NOT ABOUT ME
Regardless of how well I handle or don't handle the loss of my lover and precious one...
IT'S NOT ABOUT ME
Regardless of how I handle the loss of my brother and spiritual life encourager...
IT'S NOT ABOUT ME
Regardless of the many tears I cry because of the pain I feel over these losses and the disruption to my life...
IT'S NOT ABOUT ME
Regardless of how crazy my life becomes financially or otherwise...
IT'S NOT ABOUT ME
Regardless of the struggle I'm facing to raise a daughter in a fallen world that offers nothing but despair...
IT'S NOT ABOUT ME
Regardless of my spiritual inadequacies, physical limitations, personality flaws...I do have a few...
IT'S NOT ABOUT ME

IT'S SIMPLY NOT ABOUT THOMAS CARL MCMINN.
I know God has a plan. And, I know this about His plan. His plan was never for me to suffer. It was never His plan for death to be a part of life. It was never His plan for any of us to want for anything. So...here is what it is about...

IT IS ABOUT HIS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
IT IS ABOUT CHANGE...TRANSFORMATION...RENEWAL.
IT IS ABOUT THE LIFE, DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF GOD'S ONLY BEGOTTEN SON.
IT IS ABOUT A HOLY GOD THAT WANTS A DIVINE RELATIONSHIP REVOLUTION LIKE OUR PLANET HAS NEVER SEEN.

Mmmm...God you know me....please don't let me get in the way...I want to be able to want what you want. Continue to work your will out in my life.

No comments: